By Dr. Ric Baser
President, Northwest Vista College
As we enter the final week of the Employee GivingCampaign, if you haven’t had an opportunity to give, I encourage you to make a one-time gift or pledge. You can change a life with a gift of any amount.
- – A one-time gift of $5 can pay for a personal hygiene kit for a student at one of our college advocacy centers.
- – $5 per pay period through payroll deduction ($120) would be enough to feed a student and their child for one week.
The NVC goal for dollars raised is $50,000 and we have currently raised $45,511. Thank you to those who have already given to reach this amount. To help us reach our goal, I will match your $5 donation to the first 100 donors starting today.
Your generosity is even more critical this year. As we focus on student recovery from the pandemic, statistics show that college enrollment across the U.S. has dropped 4.4% in 2020, which is more than five times the decrease in 2019 (Guide2Research, 2020). Moreover, as students recover from getting their basic needs met, we can at least help alleviate the burden of how students are going to pay for their college education.
Remember, it is not the amount you give, but your participation that makes a difference! I hope you will consider a gift to make a student’s path toward graduation a little smoother.
Donations at this time are limited to: (1) payroll deduction or (2) credit card online through ACES.
- #NVCGivesBack website- NVC : Employee Giving Campaign | Alamo Colleges
- All NVC Fund Codes 2021– Alamo Colleges Foundation Scholarship Fund Codes
- Single-sign through your ACES account.